I hope that you are happy, healthy and feeling good in your energy.
I learnt the practice of mindful eating when i was living in a Buddhist Monastery in England over 15 years ago. The first time we gathered for lunch I was so pleasantly surprised to witness sacred silence, about 30 people in a room eating mindfully, consciously. You don't realise how much air you take in when talking at mealtimes and also swallowing without chewing properly wreaks havoc on your digestive system. I have learnt to be present, to use all of the senses and chew many times, often 20 times before I swallow.
With Autumn now well and truly upon us, it calls for us to go within, to draw together all of our experiences, to consolidate to a single point of focus, intention and action. Is there an area of your diet or health that could do with a reset, a shift or a 'pick me up'? Learning to be more mindful, more concious of your thoughts, actions, your eating and what you take in this season will help you to stay Well, Connected and Inspired to live a wonderful life.
I would love to share with you some of my positive daily habits and their benefits;
- Warm lemon water on rising - Boosts your immune system, aids digestion and detoxes your body
- Oil pulling with coconut oil - Whitens teeth, promotes oral hygiene and aids hormonal changes
- Smoothie or fresh juice - Clears skin, nutrient dense and uplifts mood
- Green tea - Powerful antioxidants, greater clarity and aids in weight loss
- Lots of water - Maintains balance of body fluids, hydrates, cleanses and refreshes
- Remember - chew properly to absorb more nutrients and it helps to breaks down your food for easier digestion